Area: England (outside London)
Amount: The total funding for this programme is £4.7bn to be spread between bids allocated 2016-2021.
Open to: Any organisation that successfully qualifies for HCA Investment Partner status, on its own or as a member of a wider consortium.
Deadline: the grant programme will be a rolling programme open until 2021. Applications must be made no later than 31 May 2019 for schemes completing after 01 April 2020.
What are they looking for?
- The Affordable Homes Programme seeks to increase the amount of affordable housing provision in England. Projects must focus on the following models:
- Help to Buy: Shared Ownership
- Rent to Buy
- Supported and Older People's Accommodation
- The Fund has been designed to fund homes that would not have been delivered otherwise. This means Homes England will not award funding to projects that are likely to proceed without funding (e.g. through the use of Section 106 money).
What they'll fund
- Capital costs of help cover the costs of acquiring land and building affordable housing schemes.
How to apply
The fund prospectus and application details can be found here.