Area: London only
Type: Revenue and capital funding as well as development finance
Open to: Incorporated bodies that meet the Greater London Authority's criteria. More information on eligibility can be found in the London Community Housing Fund prospectus
Deadline: The Fund will remain open from 16 January 2019 for continuous bidding and will receive new applications until either funding is fully committed or March 2023 (whichever comes first). There is no initial deadline for submitting an application and bids will be assessed on a regular basis.
What are they looking for?
- The Mayor recognises that access to financial support for costs accrued early in the development process is crucial to the development of community led housing. To support the sector to develop plans for new homes in their communities and drive forward new schemes, this programme makes revenue funding available for community led organisations.
- Groups should have already formed as a corporate body in order to access funding offered through the London Community Housing Fund.
- Local authorities or registered providers may apply on behalf of community groups only with the express written permission of the community led organisation. In those cases, the lead bidding organisation (local authority or registered provider) will remain directly accountable for the funds, where appropriate.
- For revenue funding, groups will need to demonstrate that they have a clear and deliverable plan to undertake pre-development work that is very likely to lead to a new housing scheme. Applicants’ track record or knowledge of the development process can help to evidence deliverability. Where applicants do not hold a track record for previous development, a plan for accessing appropriate support and advice from experts or professionals will be looked on equally favourably.
- For capital funding, groups will need to have reached a stage where they can demonstrate that their proposals are deliverable. Consideration will be given to the group’s capacity to deliver the project. Projects which have progressed furthest towards the development phase are likely to be able to make the strongest case for funding on deliverability grounds.
What will they fund?
- revenue grants to community-led groups to help cover the costs of project-specific activities that will support development of proposals for new housing schemes, pre-development costs, preparing for planning applications and post-planning costs.
- capital funding for the delivery of new homes; and
- development finance to support delivery of CLH schemes
All organisations and groups interested in bidding for revenue and/or capital funding should contact the Community-Led Housing London Hub at www.communityledhousing.london in the first instance to discuss their application.
How to apply
Please read the full prospectus here
Organisations and groups interested in bidding for revenue funding should e-mail their completed 'Application Form' form for revenue to the Community-Led Housing London Hub at firstname.lastname@example.org