Amount: £25,000-£400,000. See full details in the 'what they will fund' section below.
Type: Repayable loans (alongside grants at Site and Plan stages. Grants in England only)
Open to: Community led housing projects across the UK
What will they fund?
Site and Plan stage
- Pre-development loan finance up to £150,000 and up to £100,000 grant (grant in England only)
- Standby facilities up to £150,000 to raise community shares or as a bridging loan
- Land purchase facility up to £400,000 (with an element of grant in England only)
- Loan finance for development up to £400,000 (acting as a junior lender, behind a bank/building society)
Live stage (for enabling hubs/Umbrella CLTs)
- Bridging loans up to £100,000
Costs you need to know about
- Legal fee of £750
- 1% commitment fee on Build stage funding
- 2% non-utilisation fee on standby facilities
- Interest rates of between 5-10% depending on development stage.
How to apply
For more information about the CAF Venturesome Community Land Trust Fund and how to apply please visit the CAF website.