Area: Funds will be largely focussed in Leeds City Region, Liverpool City Region, Tees Valley City Region, the West of England and the West Midlands. Funds will also be available to genuinely innovative community led housing projects anywhere in England.
Amount: Power to Change will award revenue grants averaging £50,000 - they expect grants to be above £15,000 and below £100,000. Small amounts of capital funding averaging around £25,000 are also available to applicants to sit alongside the main revenue grant. This £150,000 funding pot is to support organisations to put down small deposits to help them secure land and buildings.
Open to: Organisations that meet Power to Change's community business criteria - information on this can be found in the guidance below
Deadline: Funding must be committed by December 2021
What are they looking for?
- Power to Change will award grants averaging £50,000 to community led housing projects that will create schemes that deliver a majority of permanently affordable homes for rent or sale to locally connected people. These can be either as new build housing or by refurbishing empty properties.
- Organisations applying should have identified a site or buildings and already undertaken some initial project work in order to gain the support of the community and other key stakeholders.
- If successful, organisations should also be ready to start any activities they are seeking funding for within three months of accepting a grant offer.
What will they fund?
- Feasibility work to assess the viability of a site or buildings for development
- Pre-development costs to develop plans, leading to submitting a planning application (if required)
- Post-planning costs for work to get your project ready to start on site
How to apply
Bidding to this fund is now open!
You can read the full guidance for the Homes in Community Hands fund here. You will also need to complete two supporting documents when submitting your application. A cashflow template and funding breakdown template here.
Please check your eligibility for this funding by completing this quick eligibility checker.
This will ask you some Yes/No questions to help you to determine if you are eligible to apply.
If you are eligible to apply, please fill in your contact details and we will send you a link by email to the electronic application form. The email will be sent to you overnight (weekdays).
For further guidance, you can view the webinar detailing this fund, hosted by Power to Change, here.